How to release stress and worry in 3 minutes
Is your negative headspace and life stresses getting you down?
With everything you could possible need at your fingertips (hello social media and the internet), advances in technology and the introduction of UberEats and Netflix, you think life would be easier right?!
The problem is your ‘to-do’ list is never ending, everyone wants everything from you THIS. VERY. SECOND and the constant pressure from the media is telling you to LOOK better and BE smarter and DO more.
Trying to do ALL OF THE THINGS can leave you feeling:
- And in a negative headspace
And it is really hard to show up fully when this is the case.
This simple 3 minute technique that I am about to show you is based on NLP (Neurolinguistic programming) and it is one you can do RIGHT NOW to let go of negative thought patterns and experiences… and help you feel lighter.
So let’s get to it.
How to release stress and worry in 3 minutes:
- SIT comfortably
- Think about a stressful situation/event/experience that has occurred that you would like to shift. Ie. A difficult interaction at work, an argument with a loved one, an embarrassing moment, guilt around a particular interaction etc
- Focus on that stressful occurrence as if it is happening right now, and focus deeply on any emotions that might come up
- SCAN your body and notice if you can feel that emotion somewhere in your PHYSICAL body. Does it feel like a tightness in your chest, heaviness in your stomach, a lump in your throat etc.
- Focus all of your attention on that sensation in your body
- Now think about SOMETHING or SOMEONE that supported you through that situation/event/experience. It can be as simple as a stranger smiling at you in the street.
- Focus all of your attention on that something or someone (even tiny gestures count) Send it/them all of your love, gratitude and appreciation until the physical sensation in your body starts to EASE, change or feel lighter.
Go ahead and give this one a try today and let us know how you went in the comments below!
And as always, if you feel like a loved one would benefit from the information shared today, please make sure you share it with them.
Until next time…
Yours in great health,
Dr Andy & Dr Jacinta