If you have ever suffered with a tight and sore jaw, you would understand how frustrating it can be.
Jaw or TMJ (Tempero-Mandibular Joint) issues can be caused by a multitude of factors including:
– TMJ disc issues
– Neck misalignment and even HIP misalignment
Try our easy self-massage to release your tight jaw right now.
JAW SELF MASSAGE TECHNIQUE
1. Sit or lay comfortably
2. Find your TMJ joint by placing your hands on either side of your face just under your cheek bones. Open and close our mouth. You should feel the joint moving under your fingers.
3. Using cream or coconut oil warm, your jaw muscles by stroking your hands down your face and towards your chin.
4. Now move your hands in a circular motion with firm but comfortable pressure.
5. Move up your face towards your ‘temple” area and apply firm and comfortable circular strokes.
6. Next, place your thumbs in the meaty part of the muscles under the jaw. Press into the muscles with firm pressure. Slowly start to open your mouth whilst moving your thumbs down your cheeks.
Repeat 3 – 5 times
CAUTION: It is important to get the “All clear” from your primary health practitioner before using this technique. Jaw pain can be caused by tooth decay and infection, in which case, this technique is not advised.
Give this a try and let us know you go! Now remember…by healing yourself, you inspire your tribe and transform your world.
Yours in great health,