You’ve heard that drinking too much coffee may not be so good for you…
But you CAN’T even imagine starting your day without your daily dose!
So we’re sharing why you may want to reduce you caffeine intake and our favourite easy tips to help you do that
Why should you reduce your caffeine intake?
Coffee is the socially acceptable drug of choice. But there is some hard science behind the need to reduce how much coffee you drink too – this includes:
- It’s a diuretic – it dehydrates you
- It increases stress hormones in your body – cortisol and adrenaline
- It’s artificial energy
- It’s acidic and causes inflammation in your body
- It increases insulin resistance
- Common Symptoms of too much coffee – insomnia, anxiety, irritability, headaches, nervousness, fatigue, digestive issues, high blood pressure
Top tips to help you drink less coffee
So even after this, you still want to drink coffee…we get it – we love coffee too! Instead of completely quitting caffeine, aim to reduce your coffee intake with these tips that we share with our clients too.
- Do it slowly – pick your favourite cup and only drink that one cup
- Decrease the size of your coffee
- Drink your coffee between 10am – 2pm
- Black and Organic is best
- Grind it fresh – that means more antioxidants and no mould
- Add good fats and for spice add cardamon
- Find a healthy substitute such as herbal tea
So there you have some reasons and tips to help you drink less coffee. In short – respect caffeine! If you loved this content then share it with your caffeine addicted friends and co-workers! AND our new freebie Your Wellness Based Bucket List for 2021 is now available for you to download here. Now remember…by healing yourself, you inspire your tribe and transform your world. Yours in great health,